Monday, June 14, 2010

Turkey: The Beginning

Having now spent a full week in Turkey, I have decided to start a blog of my summer travels (and hopefully those to come as well). In just these seven days I have had some stories and adventures that I feel are definitely worth sharing.

I am traveling around the Middle East this summer with my friend Marissa Johnson. We met almost 3 years ago while studying abroad in Sevilla, Spain, and found ourselves back in Spain again this past year teaching English, myself in Malaga and Marissa in Granada. As our jobs finished and the summer was about to begin, we were both ready to leave Europe and travel to a new part of the world. Our itinerary is: Turkey, Jordan, Israel/Palestine, Egypt.

Currently we are in Antalya, a city on the Mediterranean coast of southern Turkey, but first I'll back up and talk about what we have seen and been through in the days leading up to now...




No comments:

Post a Comment